WE’RE HIRING A 2D ANIMATOR
CONTRACT: 3 MONTHS – PERMANENT
APPLICATION CLOSING DATE: FRIDAY 8TH FEBRUARY 2019
SALARY: £20,000 – £28,000 PA (Based on experience)
We are looking for a full time 2D animator to join our team for the next 3 months to work on an exciting animation project with the opportunity to extend this contract on a permanent basis depending on future commissions.
Tracks and Layers are a boutique motion design and visual effects studio based in MediaCityUK with many years of experience working primarily in broadcast TV.
We understand the value of building and nurturing a strong and creative team. We offer tailored training and career development programmes alongside offering great benefits to our team including access to private healthcare, a company pension, flexible working hours and a comfortable working environment with all the best tools, facilities and refreshments you need to do your job.
The particular project we are looking for our successful applicant to work on will require extensive 2D character animation of Illustrator assets within Adobe After Effects. There will also be prop, set and background animation along with rostrum/camera animation. Illustrations for this project will be provided although some additional elements may need to be created during the animation process.
The successful applicant will initially help with this project but we would be keen to meet applicants with a versatile and varied background in animation and motion design who could turn their hand to other projects in the future that perhaps don’t have such a focus on character animation.
– Read scripts & storyboards and analyse animatics to understand animation requirements.
– Rigging of 2D characters and other illustrated elements ready for animation.
– Animate pre-illustrated characters, props, sets, backgrounds to a high standard.
– Illustrate additional elements where required during animation process.
– Participate in the editing process for the completed animation.
– Collaborate with the production crew (illustrators, designers, directors etc.)
– Knowledge and application of the 12 principles of animation.
– Experience of using Adobe After Effects for rigging and character animation.
– Experience of other Adobe Creative Cloud apps, particularly Photoshop, Illustrator and Premiere Pro.
– Experience of working in a professional environment creating character animation preferable.
– Comfortable working to deadlines and budget restrictions.
– Great time management skills.
– Experience of working and communicating effectively in a team.
– Degree in animation, graphic design or relevant field preferable.
– Be willing to work from our studio in MediaCityUK from Monday to Friday.
Please note this is a full time salaried position, not a freelance contract. The initial 3 months probationary period could lead to a full time permanent contract with us for the right candidate.
If you think you fit the bill and like the sound of working with us, please email your CV and cover letter in PDF format along with links to your portfolio to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject heading ‘2D Animator Application’.